File Tax Return

File Tax Return

I have used Turbo Tax for several years to file my return. When should I do it for my 2020 return? I invest through Vanguard and I have a checking account through PNC Bank. I have an annuity through Principal. Life Insurance Company.  I also get Social Security. When will I have the data that I need through those accounts so I can proceed to file my return through Turbo Tax? How will I know when I can get that info?  Will there be guidance on the Turbo Tax site that I can follow? Sorry I am 72 years old and my memory is not good. I have always been very pleased with Turbo Tax.

File Tax Return

The IRS will not process returns until February 12 this year so there’s no rush. You could wait until March for all of your forms to be available. 

File Tax Return

Thanks for you response to my question. Sorry I have one more question---I can't determine if I have paid any taxes for 2020. I've checked my checking accounts and have not found anything. Is that a problem?  Is there anything I should be doing or will it be ok not to make any payments until I file my return?

File Tax Return

Maybe some tax was withheld from your annuity. Just wait for your forms and file as soon as you have everything.