Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Mundo80

Felt robbed out of $80 by not being able to downgrade

After spending 3 hours doing my taxes, by mistake y selected the Premium selection to learn more and then realized that I could not downgrade, even after calling customer service. Ended up paying for a service that I did not use.  It does not makes sense to not being able to downgrade.  I would have to start again from scratch.  Really bad experience with Turbo Tax.  Felt totally robbed.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Felt robbed out of $80 by not being able to downgrade

Yes you have to clear and start over to downgrade unless you started in the Free Edition.  If you started your tax return in TurboTax Free Edition (Form 1040 with limited credits; roughly 37% of taxpayers qualify), you won't need to clear and start over. You can select Switch to Free Edition instead.  See,

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/how-do-i-clear-and-start-over-in-turbotax-onli... 

Or there is another way.  One thing you can do is buy a lower version of the Desktop program like Deluxe. All the Desktop versions have the same forms. Then you can switch from Online without starting over. You can download the .tax2023 file from online for free and open it in the Desktop program (any version). 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies