turbotax icon
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oct 16 is the IRS deadline–file confidently with expert help. File Now
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Returning Member

Federal taxes

I work a t 9-5 and claim head of household and have 2 dependent and they take no federal ta es how do I get this corrected 

This feature is pending. Thanks for your patience.
Didn't get the answer you wanted? Would you like to view more questions that might be relevant?
2 Replies

Federal taxes

It will probably workout ok on your tax return.  You will probably get a smaller refund after the child tax credits.  The W4 is designed so you come out even at the end of the year, no tax due and no refund.  If you want a bigger refund then change your W4 to Single and no dependents.


What you claim at work on the W4 doesn't have to match your actual tax return filing status.  It's just to tell your employer how much to take out.  You will get credit for all the withholding on your tax return.   I'm married but claimed Single on the W4 to have more taxes taken out.  

Employee Tax Expert

Federal taxes

Hi tiffanyb1983,

Thanks for your question. If you are a W2 employee, employers are required to withhold taxes. You may want to speak to your employer's payroll department to make sure they have a W4 on file for you. I hope this helps. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Manage cookies