Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

emilmari2
Returning Member

federal Return rejected for IND-302 HCTC

I qualify for the HCTC tax credit and participated in the AMP (Advance Monthly Payments) where the IRS paid 72.5% of my insurance premiums.  I received a 1099-H showing these payments and the letter 6129 indicating I had to still prepare form 8885 even though I wasn't asking for additional credit. 

My return has been rejected multiple times.  The reason says "OtherTaxAmtCd" in "OtherTaxAmtGrp" must have the value HCTC or schedule 3 "HealthCoverageTaxCreditAmt" must have a non-zero value.  The system seems to think I have a partially completed form 8885.  I believe I have completed this form correctly and went into the form itself and checked the box indicating I have received the IRS payments.  I believe the error is in the system populating this value of HCTC in the "otherTaxAmtCd"  and "othertaxAmtGrp" fields.  I can't find those on my return or in any searches.  I see a similar question raised last year but there was no final answer provided.  Can anybody help clear this error?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

federal Return rejected for IND-302 HCTC

You may need to contact customer service directly for assistance. Please see the following information here for more details. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies