Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

edyodis

Every year I end up buying Turbo Tax at COSTCO for $20.00 less than Intuit offers it. Why does Intuit gouge existing customers on pre-orders for next year's product?

Sure would prefer to buy direct and download from Intuit, but don't want to pay a premium for being a 20 year customer who buys every year just to source it from Intuit. 

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Every year I end up buying Turbo Tax at COSTCO for $20.00 less than Intuit offers it. Why does Intuit gouge existing customers on pre-orders for next year's product?

Costco et al do not have to provide staff to answer tax and software questions.

The advantage to having the Advantage Account has dwindled thru the years ... so if you don't see any advantage then feel free to buy the program anywhere you wish since we have a free economy ...

What's the advantage of TurboTax Advantage?

Convenience. With TurboTax Advantage, you can download your pre-ordered TurboTax 2017 software as soon as it becomes available – even before your CD arrives in the mail.

As a TurboTax Advantage member, you also get live phone support through an exclusive members-only line and free shipping. You can cancel at any time.

Well, what are you waiting for? Sign up now!

rdav

Why has Intuit not addressed this? This is ridiculous.  It makes me not want to go to the Intuit website for anything else, like small business applications. So Intuit why do you gouge repeat customers on your own website.... That $20 makes me say bye bye QuickBooks, I'm looking at other SB accounting options. 

TurboTax does not compete with or undercut it's own distributors.    Big box stores can charge or discount whatever they want to attract customers.  Buy wherever you want.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies