Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Even though I e filed and direct paid via my bank account still wants me to send a post fillng coupon saying I still owe ?

Even though I e filed and direct paid via my bank account still wants me to send a post fillng coupon saying I still owe ?

this makes no sense

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Why do you think "it" wants you to send a voucher and pay?   If you paid your tax due and have bank and/or credit card records as proof, you are fine.  Your TurboTax account is never going to update or show that you paid your tax due.   Your account will always show that you owed tax due, since that was the result of the return you prepared using the software.   The IRS (or state) does not send any information to tell TT that you paid.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Did you pay by setting up Direct Debit in your tax return when you filed OR did you go online to the IRS and pay directly?  Turbo Tax never knows if or when you paid the tax due.  Just ignore the payment voucher.  Is it a 1040V?  Look on your cover sheet to see how you said to pay it.  

Or did you get a 1040ES to make estimated payments for next year?

Here is what I am talking about tax question what is printed out .jpg

tax question a .jpg

see my reply below in chain - 

That is for the state tax due.  Was the state taken out of your bank account?  you might need to pay it with a check or online at the state website.

Check the printout or PDF of your return; look for the state cover sheet with the Turbotax logo.  If you owed tax, it will show the payment information and how/when you decided to pay.  Read the state payment instructions carefully since most states cannot be paid from within the TT system and requires additional steps.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies