turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

ESPP Data Entry Bug on Second Transaction

I've been tearing my hair out over multiple days on this.  Not happy at all with the product.

I was able to get my transactions in.  I took a tip from one of the other users and created a new brokerage firm for each of my other transactions (I called them ETrade1 and ETrade2) and entered the info on my own.  If you have had ESPP transactions in prior years, you might be familiar with where all the info comes from.  Luckily I only had three transactions in total so this was not too bad.  But still, it is pretty outrageous that TurboTax can let a bug like this exist.  Every year I swear I'll never use TurboTax again, maybe next year I will switch finally.  Good luck.

Yes this exact thing was driving me nuts this afternoon! Does TurboTax take note from this forum, or does it need to be reported elsewhere? I can try the work around, but really we shouldn't have to jump through all those hoops! 

Definitely a TT bug.  Please update as the ESPP stays with the previous transaction and not with the current transaction.

Agreed, that both this needs to be fixed and error with cost basis calculated as zero.

PS11
Level 2

I just came across the same bug. It is definitely TT error. While it is nice of you to offer a work around, I sure hope TurboTax staff is monitoring this and acts quickly to have this error fixed.

PS11
Level 2

To all who are encountering this error, please go to Help tab on your TurboTax and then click on "Tell Us What You Think" and provide the error description and request immediate fix. This is a serious bug and it erodes confidence in their entire SW. I hope they take this seriously and fix and TEST THE **bleep** THING before putting it out again!

When I'm getting my stimulus

I just fired up Turbo Tax this morning, saw that it downloaded updates, and I now see that ESPP is being calculated correctly.  Ready to file!

Looks like yesterday's update fixed the issue.  It seems to be working now.

Apollo76

I had the same problem with ESPP. Is this issue confirmed resolved? I'm not 100% sure RSU is handled correctly either. I have a very unexpected tax bill. 

baddie0

Switching to form view and just updating % discount field manually worked for me. I had already gone through and inputted all the data from my 3922 form in the step by step fields earlier. Updating the % discount forced the calculation of compensation income which was missing in my 2nd and subsequent ESPP sale.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies