Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ERROR STILL AFTER IRS ACCEPTS Returns: This return has certain forms that can't be e-filed

This return has certain forms that can't be e-filed

I can't get Turbo Tax to e-file.  The final review doesn't show any errors. 

All of the program updates are up to date.

It says "This return has certain forms that can't be e-filed, usually because of tax regulations, so you'll need to file by mail. For more details, select the Review tab, above, and continue through Final Review. To file by mail, select the file tab, continue and select File by Mail."

It does not tell me what forms are causing the issue. The IRS has started accepting returns so any form updates should have already been done.

The system also keeps showing that I selected prior 1099R distribution. I keep selecting NO, and the system is changing the entry to yes. 

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
MonikaK1
Expert Alumni

ERROR STILL AFTER IRS ACCEPTS Returns: This return has certain forms that can't be e-filed

Returns can't be e-filed if they:

Many nonresident and part-year state returns cannot be e-filed either, so we'll let you know if it must be paper-filed.

In addition, certain returns keep getting rejected because somebody else already claimed a dependent on the return or because of incorrect information in the IRS database. In these cases, there's nothing you can do to fix your return and e-file it. You'll need to file a paper return instead.

See this help article for more information.

If you are having an issue with correcting an item in the 1099-R interview, try deleting the 1099-R at issue and re-entering it.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@truth828 

See this...it's being worked on:

Why am I getting "return contains forms that can't be e-filed" when all forms are available in Turbo...

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies