chadeppley

Error Message: There was an error with your Card Number or Security Code? I've contacted my financial institution but it's a problem on TurboTax end and the # is correct.

I've contacted my financial institution and they said if it was a declined transaction they would see that on their end but that's not the case. I've been trying to submit this for over a week and have checked the number dozens of times and it's plugged in correctly. According to my financial institution when this happens it's usually due to the card reading software of the business you're using your card with. So I think it's a tech issue on TurboTax end. But is there a way to get around this?
3NY

I have the same problem. I am overseas and use my credit card from a US bank with US address. I kppe receiving the error message "There was an error with your Card Number or Security Code." It is frustrating. Can anyone please help? Thanks!

jeanne-bruneau

Holy cow! I'm overseas as well and having the exact same issue.  Just reported it.  I wonder if using a VPN would "trick" TT into thinking the payment is coming from the U.S.?

OK ... here is the trick if you entered the foreign address in the MY INFO section but have a US based CC with a US address connected to it.

Step 1 ... go to MY INFO section and temporarily enter the US billing address for the card

Step 2 ... go to the FILE tab step1 ... Pay fees

Step 3 ... back to the MY INFO section and put the foreign address back

Step 4 ... back to the FILE tab and complete steps 2 & 3

3NY

Yes, it worked. Thanks, Critter-3!

jeanne-bruneau

@Critter-3  yep, it worked! Now, will I remember for next year.... doubtful! 😉

Elliot4

Thank you, Critter-3! I had to turn off my VPN and login again, but then your trick worked. Saved me from hours of redoing my taxes.

Callippo

This didn't work for me though I am having the same problem 😫 Any other ideas?