Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Churk
Returning Member

Error during efiling with Turbotax Deluxe 2023

After completing my federal and state return, and Turbotax charged my CC the $20 state filing fee. I click on "Transmit my tax" and get this error message. I click "OK" and check for update, and see that my version is at the latest. Repeat and get the same error.

Screenshot 2024-02-23 013706.png

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
TC74

I had the same exact error with both my Fed and State returns this evening.  I tried running the update but it kept saying I had the latest version.  After wrestling with it for an hour, I changed my default browser to Google Chrome from MS Edge,  ran a Chrome update to make sure I had the latest version, and cleared Cookies, Cache etc.  When I went back into TurboTax, it allowed me to run an update.  Once the update was complete, both Fed and State submitted with no problem.  Hope this may help solve your problem as well.  Good Luck

Churk
Returning Member

Thank you, I'll give this a try, but I don't even have Chrome on my computer, I use a browser call Brave and have never use edge because it is very slow. I'll try to clear cache, but my version of turbotax is an installed desktop version, so I am not sure how my browser cache would make a difference.

TC74

I'm running the desktop version of TurboTax as well.  I'm not familiar with Brave but I'd bet TurboTax has a conflict with your browser.  I would just download Chrome from the net and temporarily set it as your default browser, then try submitting your taxes.

Churk
Returning Member

Did not download chrome as it makes no sense why I need to download a browser just to clear the cache that doesn't exists, and also since it is a desktop version, it made no sense as to why it would access another application and error out. But I did clear my browser cache which did not help. Restarting the application did not help. What finally solves the issue was restarting the computer itself. Not sure why restarting the computer solves the issue, but that is what finally allows me to e-file the taxes without getting the error.

jmcsfbay

Same error and the reboot of the computer did not solve the problem, despite the recommended cache, temporary files and coockies clean up.

Now in need to spend probably an hour + with turbotax to get a refund for state eFiling, print, mail, ...

TurboTax was not work my time this year and likely to try another SW next.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies