Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dteijido
Returning Member

Error 630 with TT Premiere 2019

So I had TT Premiere 2019 installed on my Mac. Just tried this morning to open my 2019 TT file and for some reason it requested my License Code again. Not sure why given this product had been used throughout 2020 and then again in 2021 when I filed an amendment. So I tried downloading the product again and reinstalling. Got same error. I called Intuit and after spending 30 mins or so with Tier 1 and Tier 2 I then demanded to speak to a supervisor. I got someone named Charles. He said it was Apple's fault. How is it Apple's fault that the TT product decides its original license code is no longer valid?  His only suggestion was to go to an old version of the Apple operating system. I did. I went to 10.15.7.  Downloaded TT 2019 from the web site and used the Licenses Code. Same error. Strangely, I also have TT Primer 2016 on this same old system and it works. 

The issue in my opinion is something with the Intuit License Server that is not properly validating the license.  Intuit should do the right thing and fix this problem. Don't blame Apple for flaws in your product or system. 

Wish I had the funds to start a Class Action Lawsuit for paying for a product that stops working after 4 years when there is nothing in the Terms and Conditions that states this

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Sorry Turbo Tax only supports the last 3 years.  You won't be able to activate 2019. The License Code started in 2019.   Even if you install 2019 or prior you won't be able to update or download any state program you will need.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies