Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kenshin368
Returning Member

Endless loop on final error check

Hello,

I'm trying to submit my amended tax, but am stuck in the final check where they detect an error in one of my state forms. The "error" is that I cannot file electronically so that I would have to mail, which is technically not an error but more of a FYI. However, whenever I click "continue without fixing" button it brings me to the same page where it tells me there is an "error" in one of my state files (again the same message that I need to manually mail).

Any idea how to get away from this endless loop?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Please try the steps in the below TurboTax help article to see if it resolves the issue. 

Why am I stuck in a loop in the File section of my return?

You can also try logging completely out of the TurboTax website, then clear your browser's cache and delete cookies. A full or corrupted cache can keep TurboTax from functioning properly. If that doesn't work, try a different browser.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
kenshin368
Returning Member

Thanks for the info.

Unfortunately I'm filing an amend form so I don't have the federal, state tabs in the left. Also tried deleting cookies etc but still doesn't work.

Hi

Some states require the return to be mailed in if you are filing a tax return with more than one state or if you are filing an amended return. If this is the case, then you must change how you submit your return for that state only by selecting "Mail in". 

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Please reach out to TurboTax Customer Support as your issue would be best resolved with one-on-one support. Support will be able to view your return to determine what could be happening with it to cause the error. 

What is the TurboTax phone number?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies