efile

efile

I efiled an extension for federal and NY state taxes, now I am ready to efile the return and turbotax says I have already efiled and transmitted it already

efile

Are you getting a message that says a return using your Social Security number has already been used on a tax return?

If you used the IRS non-filer site to get a stimulus check, you will now get a  “duplicate SSN” rejection.  We are seeing people who did not notice or ignored the warning on that site about using it if they would be filing a tax return.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/stimulus-how-to-file-your-return-after-getting-rej...

efile

I didn't file for a stimulus check

efile

Then better check to see what the e-file status tool shows.  Maybe you filed your tax return instead of the extension request without realizing what you filed.

Did you e-file?  Did you click a big orange button that said “Transmit my returns now?”

When you e-file your federal return you will receive two emails from TurboTax.  The first one will say that your return was submitted.  The second email will tell you if your federal return was accepted or rejected.  If you e-filed a state return, there will be a third email to tell you if the state accepted or rejected your state return.