Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

AB124

EFILE FAILING March 2024

ridiculous.png

I have tried rebooting, disabling anti-virus, installing manual update. I have paid for the state e-file already and neither fed nor state returns will e-file. Please provide a solution to this aggravation, TurboTax! Not that it should matter - but CD version was purchased from Sam's Club. It is March 29, 2024.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

EFILE FAILING March 2024

Another user was able to solve this by updating his Windows.

1. Updated my WINDOWS software. 

2. Rebooted computer. 

3. Installed TurboTax update that was not previously available before Windows update was completed.

Please let us know if that works.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
AB124

EFILE FAILING March 2024

This happened to me yesterday as well. I installed all Windows updates, updated turbotax via the manual superpatch, rebooted several times, and was able to get past the failure as long as i turned off the check for updates. I was able to then work in TurboTax, complete my return. Today I went to efile. Then in order to efile, the system requires a check for updates. No way around it. When it checked, it crashed my efile and returned that msg. I've already paid the state efile fee. No returns have been transmitted. I am unable to file my taxes (without resorting to filing paper) . I turned off all anti-virus and tried again. There are no more windows updates available. Completely stuck.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

EFILE FAILING March 2024

Have you tried running it as admin? You might want to try the Manually Update TurboTax for Windows Software, again. Other than that, you'll have to call TurboTax Customer service.  Here is a link:  Turbo Tax Customer Service 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies