turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tsfv32
Returning Member

E-file

I have income from three states. I used TT for the state I live in and will file the non-resident states by hand. I'm ready to e-file, but TT is charging me $20 to e-file my resident state.  On the state download I only downloaded my resident state.  TT recognizes I need to file for the non-resident states but I never started a return for them.  Any ideas on how to prevent TT from charging the $20?  Thanks.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

E-file

Using the TurboTax desktop CD/Download editions there is charge for each state tax return e-filed in the amount of $20.  This charge can be avoided by printing and mailing the state tax return.

Note - The e-file charge will increase to $25 on March 1

View solution in original post

7 Replies

E-file

Using the TurboTax desktop CD/Download editions there is charge for each state tax return e-filed in the amount of $20.  This charge can be avoided by printing and mailing the state tax return.

Note - The e-file charge will increase to $25 on March 1

tsfv32
Returning Member

E-file

Thanks.  Just realized it didn't come with free state e-file.

E-file

que debo hacer para seguir enviando los casos nuevo por e-file ya tramite los 5 pero me gustaria seguir tramitandolos, tengo que pagar halgo?

E-file

pero me interesa es el federal 

DanielV01
Expert Alumni

E-file

El programa TurboTax nada mas permite 5 archivos que se puede mandar electrónicamente.  Meter más exigiría programación que está diseñada para profesionales, y un profesional tiene que registrarse con el IRS para poder usar la programación.  Si uno usa el programa para preparar a favor de otros y cobrar el servicio, es una violación de la ley de derechos de autores.

Si no tiene esa intención, puede comprar otro programa e instalarlo en un IP diferente (señal de internet).  O, si desea usar su propio programa, puede preparar la cantidad de declaraciones que quiera siempre y cuando lo mande por correo.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
troy21

E-file

I need to e-file my returns.

E-file

@troy21 wrote:

I need to e-file my returns.

You complete your tax return by finishing all 3 Steps in the File section. In Step 3, to e-file your tax return, you must click on the large Orange button labeled "Transmit my returns now".

After completing the File section and e-filing your tax return you will receive two emails from TurboTax. The first email when your tax return was transmitted and the second email when the tax return has either been accepted or rejected.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies