Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

E-file rejected: "Retirement_Withdrawl_Penalty_And_IRA - This return could not be processed for e-filing due to incorrect or missing information." How do I fix this?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

E-file rejected: "Retirement_Withdrawl_Penalty_And_IRA - This return could not be processed for e-filing due to incorrect or missing information." How do I fix this?

Hi! It's possible that this rejection is related to the issue described below that was fixed in an early released. If this sounds like this could be your case, please follow the instructions to update your software. Feel free to let me know if this worked for you.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/7237324

My situation is different.  I prematurely withdrew money twice from a traditional IRA.  The second time, I paid the money back within the allowed time period.  My 1099R shows the gross distribution total for both without netting out the money I paid back.  So, I am trying to figure out if the 1099R is incorrect, if I entered the repayment information into TurboTax incorrectly or if there is a problem with the software.  Thanks in advance for your help.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies