Ask the Experts Self-Employed & Gig Workers! >> Event happening TODAY!

E-file rejected: "Retirement_Withdrawl_Penalty_And_IRA - This return could not be processed for e-filing due to incorrect or missing information." How do I fix this?

Hi! It's possible that this rejection is related to the issue described below that was fixed in an early released. If this sounds like this could be your case, please follow the instructions to update your software. Feel free to let me know if this worked for you.

My situation is different.  I prematurely withdrew money twice from a traditional IRA.  The second time, I paid the money back within the allowed time period.  My 1099R shows the gross distribution total for both without netting out the money I paid back.  So, I am trying to figure out if the 1099R is incorrect, if I entered the repayment information into TurboTax incorrectly or if there is a problem with the software.  Thanks in advance for your help.