Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Does Your product “home and business” do TWO-Member LLC?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Are the members a husband and wife?

Yes, if you are husband and wife filing jointly and have elected to not be treated as a partnership (but a qualified joint venture) for Federal tax purposes, then you'd file Schedule C (Self-Employed online or Home & Business desktop version for that). More on this topic can be found here Election for Married Couples Unincorporated Businesses

Otherwise, you will need TurboTax Business software to do a multi-member LLC return. That version handles any returns that need to be filed for corporation (Form 1120), S corporation (Form 1120-S), partnership/multi-member LLC (Form 1065), or homeowner association (1120-H). And then, the personal product you choose will have to be either Premier or Self-Employed online to enter K-1's on your personal 1040 return.

NOTE: TurboTax Business is a Windows-only software program available as a CD or download. There is no online or Mac version for it. This version handles only business returns, not personal ones. 

Is TurboTax Business right for me?

What types of returns does TurboTax Business handle?

[Edited 1/9/18 at 12:52PM to add IRS documentation on "Qualified joint venture" if married filing joint return]
astrlsrfr

Me and my wife file as a QJV.  Of course, this is in the FED's eyes.  In our state (CA), they see us as a MMLLC, but we file taxes as a SMLLC with passthrough.  Not confusing at all!

We used Home & Business this year.  Last year we used Deluxe.  Either seemed to work ok for the federal.  HOWEVER, the CA state TT was unable to handle the passthrough LLC filing.  Hence, I had to pay it manually using their website & by mailing some forms.  A major PITA!  I am wondering if TT Business can handle this discrepancy between the FED (QJV) & state (MMLLC with passthrough) configuration.  My guess is prolly not.

In a nutshell, the US tax system is a cluster.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies