Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mfro2005

Does Turbo Tax Desktop (TTDT) or Turbo Tax Online provide a quick, easy tool to allow end users to be able to access .taxXXXXfile(s), w/o having to install and use TTDT?

Need to access a .tax2022 file (a Turbo Tax Desktop (TTDT) Deluxe tax return file for year 2022) the QUICKEST and EASIEST way possible (on a system that does NOT have any TTDT installed, nor will the system be able to install any TTDT application).  For tax year 2023, I used Turbo Tax Online (TTOL) but the return came back rejected because I did not enter in a value for Line 11 (from the tax year 2022 return) **I skipped it thinking it was not crucial (besides I don't have access to any of the prior year tax return info, no extra print outs, no access to the system that had been used at that time, etc., I only have a copy of the .tax2022 file that was used for the return).

Now, in order to "fix" my rejected 2023 return I need to look up Line 11 from year 2022.  One would think that Turbo Tax Online would have (SHOULD have) record of my 2022 return (even though I used QBDT at that time).  I had e-filed my yr. 2022 return from TTDT (as well as for my 2023 TTOL return), and with my name and SSN being the same for both returns, one would think that the GREAT Turbo Tax CLOUD would have record of it (that I then could see easily access using Turbo Tax Online).  Just a fyi, these are tongue and cheek comments.  🙂  I love using Turbo tax!!  I'm just in a time sensitive bind and looking for an easy way vs. having to go the long way..lol..

Does Turbo Tax Desktop or Turbo Tax Online provide a quick, easy tool to use to allow end users to be able to access .taxXXXXfile(s), w/o having to download and also having to look up install codes (then installing the corresponding version of TTDT) just to be able to access a .taxXXXXfile??
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Does Turbo Tax Desktop (TTDT) or Turbo Tax Online provide a quick, easy tool to allow end users to be able to access .taxXXXXfile(s), w/o having to install and use TTDT?

You used the Desktop program for 2022?  You should have saved both the .tax2022 file and the pdf each year.   Oh, when did you file 2022?  If you filed late or mailed it, try using 0 for the AGI.  

Either get the AGI from the IRS,   OR you could try the TaxPrinter service to convert a .tax file to pdf at
https://www.taxprinter.com

They might be expensive and it is probably not safe to email tax returns back and forth. They are not related to Turbo Tax. I see it says federal is $44.99 and Federal + state is $79.99.

Request a transcript from the IRS
https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies