Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Does it mean my refund is done being processed and approved if it says “payment completed “ on turbo tax for the fees?

How long after did you receive your refund after your TT payment showed “complete”

Does it mean my refund is done being processed and approved if it says “payment completed “ on turbo tax for the fees?

My thoughts exactly, in order for TT to receive their fees and payment the IRS needs to release/approve the refund, so showing “complete” means your refund was approved and processed. It’s definitely the answer. 

Brandi101
Returning Member

I filed and was accepted on April 18. I received an email saying that fees would be taken from my bank account. I deferred the payment bc my taxes was still processing. I noticed yesterday JULY 6 it shows my payment is complete. No update on irs or the turbo tax. My fees were suppose to come out of my refund. So does this mean I should be getting my refund soon? Anyone been waiting this long 

Rite i was thinking the same

Would make sense

@knowyjoey You are posting to an old thread that has not had any activity in quite some time. (April 2022)     You have posted to multiple threads in the user forum about your reduced refund, and still do not seem to understand that--per your own comments--your refund was reduced by the IRS.   Your information about that reduced refund is only going to come from the IRS.  No one at TurboTax knows why the IRS reduced your refund.  And if your refund was reduced by the IRS, that reduced refund has nothing whatsoever do do with the third party bank that handles refund processing.  Your issue is with the IRS.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

@knowyjoey 

On 5-16-23 you stated that the IRS sent you a letter saying your refund would only be $81.

Same thing happen to me  I was suppose to get  $1947  I got  $81   and a  letter  from the IRS  with Zero explanation  simply saying short and sweet  $81  was my refund...   

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

@knowyjoey 

To call the IRS:IRS:  800-829-1040  hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Mon-Fri

Listen to each menu before making the selection.

First choose your language. Press 1 for English.

Then do NOT choose the first choice re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.

Instead, press 2 for "personal income tax".

Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".  

Then press 3 "for all other questions."

Then press 2 "for all other questions."  It should then transfer you to an agent.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies