Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Does anyone know an alternative way to cash in a check? My country is unable to do it, I don’t have any american bank account, but I do have a SSN. Can anyone help?

Since I’m not in USA, I can’t cash it in on PayPal, it just gives me an error.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies

Does anyone know an alternative way to cash in a check? My country is unable to do it, I don’t have any american bank account, but I do have a SSN. Can anyone help?

If you have a local bank account you should be able to deposit the check and then wait for the check to be verified by the bank so you will have access to the funds.  This should take several days or longer depending on the banking system in your country.

I asked every local bank from my city, and they said they don’t cash in checks anymore. 

@eniikovacs wrote:

I asked every local bank from my city, and they said they don’t cash in checks anymore. 

The banks should take the check for a deposit.  Stop trying to cash it and just deposit it into your bank account.

My country doesn’t work with checks. That is the problem 

@eniikovacs wrote:

My country doesn’t work with checks. That is the problem 

Which country?

Romania

Citibank is a US bank with a branch in Romania.  If it is local you could try and open an account and deposit the US Treasury check from the IRS at that branch.

Citibank Europe plc, Dublin – Romania Branch – registered office at address: 82-94 Buzești Street, Țiriac Tower Building, 1st floor, 1st district, Bucharest,

Unfortunately it’s not in my city, but I will email them, maybe I can do it online. Thank you for your help! 

i emailed them, and they said that they are not working with checks anymore. that’s why i m looking for something like paypal, but to be able to do anything with the check from europe 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies