Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

myen1977
Returning Member

Does anyone else's STATE taxes just say started even though i i was pretty sure I finished them wirh my federal cause it gave me a refund amount at that time?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Does anyone else's STATE taxes just say started even though i i was pretty sure I finished them wirh my federal cause it gave me a refund amount at that time?

We'd love to help you complete your tax return, but need more information. Can you please clarify your question?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
myen1977
Returning Member

I did my state taxes on turbo tax at the same time i did my federal but state shows nothing but says that I have started them but yet had given me an amount of what I am due back when I did the taxes in the first place 

JulieS
Expert Alumni

No, your state taxes aren't finished if the status says "Started". 

You may have seen a projected refund, but if you didn't go all the way through the return, review it, pay for it (unless it's free for you), review your refund options, sign it and hit the Submit my e-file button, it isn't filed. 

The good news is it should just take a few minutes to complete your state return. 

1. Sign in to your account. 
  2. Select Finish State, or Continue.
  3. Follow the on screen directions until you submit the state return. 
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies