Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

RandyD

Do I need to pay all my turbotax estimated quarterly state tax payments if I move to a different state during the year?

Due to underpayment of state tax for 2017, turbotax calculated quarterly estimated state tax payments for 2018.  I am moving out of state and establishing residency in a state without an income tax.  As I required to make the quarterly estimated state tax payments after I move out of the state?  I will have two months of residency in the state in 2018 and 10 months residency in the new state.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Anita01

Do I need to pay all my turbotax estimated quarterly state tax payments if I move to a different state during the year?

No, these are given to you as a convenience for you.  If you know your circumstances will change next year, you do not need to mail them at all.  They're not reported anywhere and not filed with your return.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Anita01

No, these are given to you as a convenience for you.  If you know your circumstances will change next year, you do not need to mail them at all.  They're not reported anywhere and not filed with your return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies