vldehle

Do i need to file a w2 with no wages only nontaxable sick pay

I have a W2 for my non-taxable sick pay, but there is nothing in the wages boxes or tax withheld boxes.  I don't know if I have to include it on my return or not.  I would prefer not to include it as it prevents me from e-filing my return.

ChristinaR

No.  If your W-2 has no Box 1 amount for Wages and only includes non-taxable sick pay paid from a third party, you do not include this W-2 on your return.  

It is sent for informational purposes only. Please keep the form for your records. 

If you have entered this, navigate back to the Wages and Income section and delete this W-2 entry. 

ChristinaR