Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Do I Need a DBA for a Multi Member LLC's TT is asking that question

Hi

GOAL:  To protect my wife and I, and to do the taxes correctly. and figure out if I need a DBA. I set these up a year ago, but the CPA never said anything about a DBA. This is the first tax returns this way.

1. State of Colorado,
2. 5 rental properties... each one with its own E.I.N and is a Multi Member LLC.
3. 1 Multi Member LLC with EIN that is the management company of all the LLC's
4. Examples: A LLC, B LLC, C LLC, D LLC, E LLC, ABCDE Management LLC.
5. One charge card and one checking account under ABCDE management company
4. The tenants write their check to the ABCDE Management Company LLC
5. Pay all bills out of the ABCDE Mgmt. LLC account.
6. I track all expenses and rents separately by each individual LLC,       A, B, C, D, E LLC
7. Do my taxes in each individual LLC including a return for the Management LLC,

8. The management LLC is just a few expenses for itself. No income.

Thank you

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
pk
Level 15
Level 15

Do I Need a DBA for a Multi Member LLC's TT is asking that question

So what you have is a   LLC ( single member or husband/wife member ? )   with EIN, no employees that manages five rental properties each owned by a single member llc -- yes ?

How does the management company get paid for its services ?  Does it own any assets ? Any employees ?  if it has no income , and no expenses  (?) why does it file a return --  a partnership return  or what ?  Who do you issue the K-1s to ?

The sub-LLCs , what do their return look like ?  Are they single member ones  or just basically rental property accounts ? But having all the rental income and expenses  going to the management super LLC ( assume that is a partnership ), why do they eah have a return or did you mean something else ?

Each LLC has a name --yes ?  So why do you need a DBA for the super multi-member llc?       The whole structure seems un-necessarily complicated  for just rental property .  Is this your full time business? Are you a realtor ?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies