Solved: Do I input the gross long term capital gain income received or the reduced long term capital gain amount from Sch. D Worksheet in the Louisiana Gains or Losses box?

Do I input the gross long term capital gain income received or the reduced long term capital gain amount from Sch. D Worksheet in the Louisiana Gains or Losses box?

Louisiana does not have clear written instructions on how to report long term capital gains. I have searched their entire website. If written instructions exist, please point me in the right direction - all I can find is references to stumpage which appear to refer to logging contractors not to owners.

Capital gains are taxable at both the federal and state levels. While the federal government taxes capital gains at a lower rate than regular personal income, states usually tax capital gains at the same rates as regular income. In Louisiana, the uppermost capital gains tax rate was 6 percent.

Thanks so much! I thought that might be the case and you have confirmed it for me.