Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

RK69
Level 1

Direct Deposit selection creates spinning circle for up to 30 minutes then auto log off, cannot file

Select direct deposit and next screen shows only a spinning circle for up to 30 minutes then automatically logged off, collected the filing fee though, cannot get past problem so cannot file, please fix. Tried several times on different days and times.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Direct Deposit selection creates spinning circle for up to 30 minutes then auto log off, cannot file

Try closing TurboTax, clear your Cache and Cookies if you are using TurboTax Online, and reopen TurboTax.  You might also need to turn off your pop-up blocker.

Also, make sure you have ran all updates. 

If using TurboTax Online: Clear your cache and cookies. See this FAQ, for your particular browser.

If using TurboTax Desktop: Please see this FAQ.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I am having the exact same problem. Have tried it on multiple browsers (Edge and FireFox) and multiple devices.

After I select "Direct Deposit" from "How would you like to receive your federal and state refunds?" it spins indefinitely.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Try closing TurboTax, clear your Cache and Cookies if you are using TurboTax Online, and reopen TurboTax.  You can also try a different browser.

Also, make sure you have ran all updates. 

If using TurboTax Online: Clear your cache and cookies. See this FAQ, for your particular browser.

If using TurboTax Desktop: Please see this FAQ.

I called TurboTax and we went through all of those steps. It did not help.

They said there is a known issue which is being worked on:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/tax-return/turbotax-looping-review-selec... 

I am having the same issue.  Select Direct Deposit, Continue, and then spins forever. 

The link provided for the ongoing issue goes nowhere - page not found

I have the same issue.  I've tried several different browsers and devices (different computers and my cell phone), using private tabs, but nothing helps.  Another post suggested going through the review process again, but that didn't help either.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

You need to sign out of TurboTax on ALL devices, clear cache and cookies, and try again.

Can you confirm if this solves your issue for me?

@JE2021 @RK69 @maltodextrin 

No, that does not help.

I can verify I am not logged into TurboTax on any browser, then launch it on a pristine freshly installed browser with no cache or cookies, and I still get this issue.

The TurboTax support representative said it was an outstanding issue that is being worked on when I talked to them on the phone.

I was able to work around this issue by using the app, as was suggested on another post. That allowed me to fill in my direct deposit information and file my taxes.

This is the winning answer.  @RK69 @maltodextrin 

I was also told that the problem was on TurboTax's end.  Using the mobile app resolved the issue, although it didn't let me print my forms, but I'm hoping that still works on the web version.  At least I was finally able to file.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies