turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Do I need to use the Turbotax Self-Employed Service if my business income was only $20. The higher cost for the service is more than the income.

If I do not need to use the Self-Employed Service, how do I change my return so I can pay for the Premier service instead of the Self-Employed service
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
RebeccaC

Do I need to use the Turbotax Self-Employed Service if my business income was only $20. The higher cost for the service is more than the income.

Then you wouldn't need to enter it on your tax return, and here's how to Clear and Start Over to use a different version of TurboTax : https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4248526

View solution in original post

5 Replies
RebeccaC

Did you start this business in 2016? Did you receive a 1099-MISC?

No, it was started prior to 2016, but the income has been very small each year [book royalties].
RebeccaC

Did you receive a 1099-MISC?

No
RebeccaC

Then you wouldn't need to enter it on your tax return, and here's how to Clear and Start Over to use a different version of TurboTax : https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4248526

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies