turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Not required to file Form 2210 but keep getting error msg to complete lines on Form 2210A1 using annualized method. How do I eliminate error msgs w/o completing info?

go into the form view and select the 2210. Go down where TT "accidentally" indicated C that your income varied, right click on the X and hit override, then click on the X again to remove it. Also, under #9, indicate no you do not owe a penalty. then go to the step-by-step view and it will indicate no errors on the error check, then just make sure it doesn't file with the 2210.
sklabrenz

Not required to file Form 2210 but keep getting error msg to complete lines on Form 2210A1 using annualized method. How do I eliminate error msgs w/o completing info?

I am having similar issues. Deleting the form did clear my errors, but since this same issue seems to be a problem for multiple users, Turbo Tax should fix it.  It's clearly an issue with their software
kenfro

I can’t do anything on the form. Box 9 is 0 so it’s less than box 6. The box is checked saying if 9 is < 6 do not submit Form 2210, but I cannot delete the X in box C, nor delete the form. How do you do that?

@kenfro

Try deleting the form 2210AI itself  (not the 2210) .  It's easier to do with desktop software, than with Online.
____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

Why did TT propagate this error into 2018?  Not helpful!

That was actually my question from last year. I have no issues with the 2210 this year.

Did you do anything special to avoid the Form 2210 error this year?  Did you delete Forms 2210AI, 2210 or override an entry to remove the error?  thanks.

@kungac

You need to wait another day or two until the final 2210 is brought up.

Then yo can delete it ...if necessary...but this is an OLD post, start a NEW one explaining your exact situation
____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies