Solved: Did Turbo Tax offer the ability to pay state tax directly from my bank account? I thought I chose that option when filing, but no taxes have been removed.

crankyjay

Did Turbo Tax offer the ability to pay state tax directly from my bank account? I thought I chose that option when filing, but no taxes have been removed.

AndreaC1

Yes, that is an option when paying state taxes due and you also had option to enter a date you'd like it to be withdrawn from your account. If you didn't set a date, then the default payment date will be April 18th. 

And if you chose to have it withdrawn from your bank account, generally, the funds are withdrawn on the payment date you specified if your return has been accepted. If you still don't see the debit 7-10 days after your return has been accepted and your specified date, you will need to contact your state tax agency, if you owe a state payment. You can go here https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901670 and choose your state and it will take you to their contact page with phone numbers to reach them. 

If you need to check to see if you did request auto debit, you can use the steps here below to help you find your payment date and banking information on the return. 

• Log into your account and click on My TurboTax (or Taxes) at the top 
  • If the drop down appears, choose My Tax Timeline (if it doesn’t appear when you click, it may have taken you directly to the page once you clicked My TurboTax.
  • Scroll down to section Some Things You Can Do 
  • Click on Download all forms and worksheets
  • On the return, Part V of the Federal Information Worksheet will have your auto debit date and bank account info
  • And Part VI on the State Information Worksheet will have your state auto debit date and bank account info for that payment

AndreaC1