Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

WoofGrrrr

Desktop TurboTax (Windows App): How to Change Email Address used for E-File???

I need to change the email address that TurboTax (the Windows desktop app) uses for Federal e-File, but HOW?

When I filled in my taxes, I was never allowed to enter this email address.  It seems to just get copied over from my previous year's TurboTax returns, which got copied from the year before that, etc, etc.  I must have entered that email address the very first time that I e-Filed my federal taxes years ago.

I can now find absolutely no place in the TurboTax app (again, the Windows Desktop app, not the online/web app)  to change this email address.

I called Customer Support, but they have no idea.  They even handed me over to a tax expert.  They couldn't help, either.  I was on the phone for well over an hour!  I tried technical support but I get a busy tone.

The only thing I could find after Googling this issue many times - in different ways - is that I need to change the email address in my Intuit (online) account.  But I've never had an Intuit account.  So I created an Intuit account just this morning using my new email address.  But when I e-Filed my Federal Taxes this afternoon, the confirmation and acceptance emails still went to my OLD email address.

This is just crazy.

The app itself must have stored my old email address some place when I e-Filed the first time years ago.  (Is it stored in the previous year's tax return file?  Does it store it on the computer that processes the e-File request?  I don't know.  It's got to be stored somewhere!)   But the app doesn't give me any way to change the email address???

Help!

Thanks!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Desktop TurboTax (Windows App): How to Change Email Address used for E-File???

If you have e-filed using TurboTax Desktop in previous years, you have most likely created an Intuit account during that process. You can try to recover the account using your old email address in the below TurboTax help article. 

Account Recovery Request for your TurboTax Account

You can also follow the steps in this help article to check to see how many Intuit accounts you may have: How many Intuit accounts do I have with TurboTax?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies