turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cjpink627

I purchased an additional state (Florida), but Turbo Tax downloaded the wrong year, 2019 instead of 2018!

I need an additional state, Florida, for my 2018 Taxes. I ordered it a few minutes ago, completed the purchase, and downloaded it via TurboTax Home & Biz.  When I looked at it it is for 2019! It said I was getting 2018.  We need to get this straightened out!  I need Florida 2018 and have already paid for it.

Please help

CJ

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

I purchased an additional state (Florida), but Turbo Tax downloaded the wrong year, 2019 instead of 2018!

CJ:  I don't think a 2019 product would even be available in TurboTax, so it's likely 2018 product.  I'll bring this to the attention of Moderators, but you should be good using the product.  It's probably just labeled incorrectly.

If I learn anything different, I'll post back here in the comments.

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

CJ:  I don't think a 2019 product would even be available in TurboTax, so it's likely 2018 product.  I'll bring this to the attention of Moderators, but you should be good using the product.  It's probably just labeled incorrectly.

If I learn anything different, I'll post back here in the comments.

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***

" We need to get this straightened out!  I need Florida 2018 and have already paid for it."

You only need to file the Florida return in TurboTax if you have tangible personal property that you use in connection with your business or rental real estate. Florida does not impose a state individual income tax.

If you need to file a DR-405 to report tangible personal property (assets), then you will be filing for 2019 since you are reporting assets owned and used as of January 1, 2019

By the way, if you need to file the 2019 Florida DR-405, it is due April 1st, 2019, not April 15th like your federal income tax return.

Depending on the entity type (for example most 1120 (c-corps) are required to file a FL state return), Florida does not require you to file a tax return. The Tangible tax returns are filed within the county in which your business operates, not with the state itself. There are a number of other state tax forms, however it may have selected the wrong form. Check the form number to see what it is and then you should be able to determine if there is any filing requirement for you in particular.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies