tsullivan3

Dependency exemption

I can claim my son as a dependency exemption for tax purposes on even numbered years but I'm not sure how to do that.

KatrinaB

Dependency exemption

Since you are the parent that is claiming the child this year, follow the directions below to enter your child into TurboTax.

1. Log in and click take me to my return (unless already in).
  2. Click the My Info tab from the left-side menu.
  3. On the next screen, you will see your personal information listed. Click to add a dependent or click Edit beside your dependents name.
  4. Answer the questions about your child. When you get to the screen that says, "Do you have an agreement with child's other parent about who can claim him/her"? Answer Yes.
  5. On the next screen, Answer No to the question, "Is child's other parent claiming child per your legal agreement?

KatrinaB

Dependency exemption