Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Denied phone support for licensed copy of TurboTax For business 2022 “TTB” (windows desktop)

I called in for support a my TTB. The representative ask for my account details to verify. She then says she does not see any licensed copy associated with my account. I explain I have numerous intuit accounts related multiple services and purchases from my different companies. I tell her I I have my license key I can give her she says she cannot take that and ends the call. 

I called in multiple times and hit the same wall I have no idea which of my logins has been associated with this license. I can tell that over multiple calls to support they are dynamically changing the phone number associated with my account from one call to another. This along seem wrong.

I purchased this TTB via CD from amazon from the intuit store within Amazon. Upon receiving the delivered shrink wrapped CD I install on my windows PC. This is installed on only my PC. When  first installed my recollection is I am prompted to give the license key included in the CD package. I did so but do not remember being asked to login or associate to an intuit ID. I then used the TTB to process several returns. Each business return I prepared and filed has a different email address. My only guess here is intuit reads the email address from the filed tax return and then associated my license with one of the emails.

I should be able to just give the TTB support rep my full license key and then they tell me which email is associated. I have wasted a lot of time trying to figure out how to validate my license to get support

I would think my purchase of the TTB software from intuit via amazon obligations intuit to support.

Further given the fact that I am a customer multiple times over including payroll, quickbooks and other intuit products they should accept the main email I use to allow me to get support.

I was also told that there is no support for the program if purchased via CD. They implication is intuit is only supporting the online product. I have been a customer for more than 20 years buying the TTB each year via retail cd. I have called into support in prior years without issues.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Denied phone support for licensed copy of TurboTax For business 2022 “TTB” (windows desktop)

Adding .. that if i call in for support on QB all i need to do is give any of my intuit IDs and the actual license # and they match and move forward.  So its possible to have an easy solution here.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies