Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

JLarsen
Returning Member

Deceased Taxpayer

Hello-

I started a return for my Mom and her spouse and was about to file when her spouse passed away. I don't want to restart the return but I can't find anywhere to mark the spouse as deceased without starting over.

Anyone know how to get back to that checkbox?

Thank you in advance

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

Deceased Taxpayer

Go back to My Info and click Edit by their name.  It will be listed on one of the next screens.

Deceased Taxpayer

Click his name in MY INFO and go through the screens to the question that asks "Do any of these apply to {name}?" and click on "passed away before filing this return."

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
JLarsen
Returning Member

Deceased Taxpayer

Thank you xmasbaby0. I have tried looking in this section but it only lists his name Date fo birth and Occupation. Nothing that allows me to make this change.

Deceased Taxpayer

You have to click edit by his name and go through the interview screens again.   

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
JLarsen
Returning Member

Deceased Taxpayer

Thank you VolvoGirl. It doesn't have the option to change him to deceased. I have already looked here. Any other way to change this info?

JLarsen
Returning Member

Deceased Taxpayer

Found it. Thank you so much!

Deceased Taxpayer

@JLarsen   Are you using the Online version?  They changed Online around this year and our notes might not match to the Online version.  I haven't been able to log into my test account to look up screens.  But was it the 3rd question on this screen?  Or is there another question?  

Dep My Info.png

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies