Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

joeburrell02
Returning Member

DDD thread

Anyone file on 01/28 and have not had their return approved yet? I didnt claim any credits. My employer did overpay $175 into Social Security Tax. 

I have also moved this year. In 2016, I moved and they flagged my return for fraud. Could that be the case maybe again?

Thanks!

DDD thread

@Jr1991 

Directly from the IRS :  

I claimed the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) or the Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC) on my tax return. When can I expect my refund?

According to the Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes (PATH) Act, the IRS cannot issue EITC and ACTC refunds before mid-February. The IRS expects most EITC/ACTC related refunds to be available in taxpayer bank accounts or on debit cards by the first week of March, if they chose direct deposit and there are no other issues with their tax return. Check Where’s My Refund for your personalized refund date.

Where’s My Refund? on IRS.gov and the IRS2Go mobile app remains the best way to check the status of a refund. WMR on IRS.gov and the IRS2Go app will be updated with projected deposit dates for most early EITC/ACTC refund filers by February 22.

So EITC /ACTC filers will not see an update to their refund status for several days after Feb. 15. 

DDD thread

@joeburrell02 

The IRS can stop a return during processing for any reason at any time so until they send a letter you will not know why.  All you can do is watch the IRS site for daily updates ... https://www.irs.gov/refunds

joeburrell02
Returning Member

DDD thread

I dont get out tax system at all. Idiots scam the IRS out of hundreds of thousands, get away with it for years....and they're holding my return for a piddly $2000 refund. Good ol USA I suppose. 

joeburrell02
Returning Member

DDD thread

Lol....guess I'll stop claiming 0.

DDD thread

I was accepted on 1/27 and still have not had mine approved. I did not claim EITC or PATH. Hopefully this weekend it’s approved. 

on the fraud part. I thought the IRS would “flag” your account for a few years after the initial fraud review for additional security but that’s just an assumption. 

DDD thread

I think that’s the bank that disperses refunds for the IRS regardless of whether TurboTax collects fees from you. At least that’s my understanding. 

nothing will show there though until your refund is approved. Has your refund been approved?

DDD thread

My money was in my checking account Wednesday.

DDD thread

i still haven't received the path message yet, filed and accepted 1/31 and still the 1 bar. state refund coming next week im in wisconsin.

DDD thread

I still don’t have a DDD either

DDD thread

Did you receive your DD?

DDD thread

It's for your protection. That way someone can't steal your identity or claim your kid on their taxes.

DDD thread

Why respond when you don't actually know the answer. A quick Google search of sbbt/sbtpg would've told you that you're wrong. They take fees out for tax products, for people who don't want to pay upfront. 

As a courtesy, and probably to alleviate thousands of calls to their call center, they provide a way to see if the refund has been through their system. It has to go through them before your bank, but if it is has been through them, you're getting yours soon.

Also, no one "disperses" refunds for the IRS. They disburse the refunds. 

DDD thread

Accepted 1/27 

DDD appeared on 2/8

DDD is 2/12 

States should be in the account by 2/17

DDD thread

I was accepted on 1/27 still one bar no path or eitc message on wmr anyone else?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies