Solved: Cost Basis

bhooper269

Cost Basis

On on of my funds in my 1099-B, I show a "cost or other basis" with dashes. However, that is what Turbo Tax says I need more info on. How do I handle this? Thanks! 

Mike9241

Cost Basis

dashes mean the broker doesn't have the cost basis.  you need to compute that yourself.   if it was a sale of a fractional share with a low sales price, the easiest thing to do is enter the cost as $0 or as the sales price or any number in between.    anything else and you would need to contact the broker to find out why a cost basis wasn't supplied.    

Mike9241

Cost Basis