turbotax icon
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

New Member

Corrected W2

I just found out my employer provided a W-2c for 2018. The only change is in box 16 for $155.12 difference. Should I still be sending an Amended Tax Return? 

This feature is pending. Thanks for your patience.
Didn't get the answer you wanted? Our digital assistant can help you.
3 Replies
Expert Alumni

Corrected W2

It would be a good idea. Box 16 represents your state wages, so this change will impact your state return. Here's how to amend it:


Select a tax year for specific amending instructions.


Keep in mind: You have 3 years from the date you filed your return (or 2 years after you paid the tax due, whichever is later) to file an amended return, which means you don't have to get it done by the April 15 filing deadline.



**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Corrected W2

I have info for my 2019 w2 I didn’t add how do I add it on if possible 

Expert Alumni

Corrected W2

You can edit your W-2 if you didn't submit you return. Once you file your return, you have to wait until the IRS accept or reject the return. If the return gets rejected you can edit it and resubmitted again. 

If the IRS accept the return, wait until it is fully processed and you received your refund (if you are expecting a refund ) then amend the return. 

Here's how you can amend your return:

  1. Sign in to you account.
  2. Scroll down to Your tax return & documents , select 2019 and then Amend (change) return
  3. Select Amend using TurboTax Online.
  4. Follow the instructions, your refund or tax due will change to 0. This is normal on amended returns.

To Edit your W-2:

  • Log in to your account.
  • Go to Federal Taxes.
  • Go to wages and Income.
  • Click Edit next to Job (W-2).
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Manage cookies