Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Continuous Iowa Return Rejection

I filed my Iowa tax return on time however it was rejected and when I went to revisit I keep getting an error stating I need to update my software on or after 3/28/24 or use the website to revisit. I waited until April and now May, to revisit and on both the app and the website I am still getting the error. What can I do to fix my return as it is now incredibly late?

I have tried to contact TurboTax but it takes 3+ hours to get a response and when I say I want a callback it never comes.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Are you using the CD/download or the online program?   If you are using the CD/download, you can update the software by using the tool bar on the top of your screen and clicking on the choice to check for updates.  If you used online, it updates automatically.   If you are simply unable to e-file the state return, then instead of delaying any further, you could print it, sign it and mail it.   

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

I have tried using both the website and the AppStore website to no avail

Screenshot_20240525_075624_Chrome.jpg

When you use your own tool bar to check for updates, what happens?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Same error

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

If you happen to be using TurboTax Desktop, you can use the suggestions in this link.  It might help update the software as it could be stuck in a loop and not making the updates as needed.

If you are online, you can try clearing your cache and cookies.  If that does not help, you will need to contact us again for assistance.  

How to clear your cache

How do I delete cookies?

@RamboRay87 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies