Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

elisonchen
Returning Member

'Continue' button does nothing when clicked

I am on the "Review Your Federal Filing Choices" and I want to continue, but when I click 'Continue' nothing happens.

I am using the TurboTax Premier 2020 version.

I tried restarting TurboTax and the same issue arises. I am only filing Federal and not state, if that makes any difference.

I have provided my direct debit info, my AGI info, my PIN, and State/Diver's license info.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

14 Replies
JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

If you are stuck on a screen in TurboTax you may need to log out and restart your computer, then log back in, or try another browser. You may need to clear your cache and cookies. Please see these TurboTax FAQ's for information on how to clear your cache and cookies:

To clear your cache use this TurboTax FAQ:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/troubleshooting/help/how-to-clear-your-cache/00/26135

To delete your cookies use this TurboTax FAQ:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/troubleshooting/help/how-do-i-delete-cookies/00/25978

@elisonchen

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
elisonchen
Returning Member

I am using the Desktop client. Should I be using the web browser instead?

On the desktop client I have tried restarting it and restarting my computer. I have tried two different days and I shutdown my computer in between each day.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

The choice is yours which to use. If you are using the desktop version, please ensure the program is up to date by following the instructions here

If you are still having the same issue after updating the program, please follow the instructions here to contact customer support. 

Turbo Tax seems to have a problem with newer versions of Windows 10. Try changing the display scaling from the default 125% to 100%. To do this go to Settings in the Start Menu and click on the Display settings. Scroll down to "Scale and Layout" and change the size of text, apps, and other items from 125% to 100%. This should fix the problem. When you are done you can change the scaling back to 125%. I had to use the same fix on the "Activation" screen for my version of Turbo Tax. Hopefully Intuit will fix the problem soon.

Thank you so much!  This issue was driving me nuts.  The display change worked right away.  

mildre_a
Returning Member

Hello,

The same is happening to me:

"Continue' button does nothing when clicked"

I am on the "Review Your Federal Filing Choices" and I want to continue, but when I click 'Continue' nothing happens.  I have tried all the suggestions in this post and nothing is working.  I called TT and agent was nice, although not able to solve it.  She kept suggesting that I must have an unanswered question somewhere in my TT return details.  The TT review process indicates all is fine though.

I am using the online version.  I have tried different browsers, different devices (PC and MAC, ipad), clearing cookies, changing address, resolutions.

So frustrating as my filing due date is 15 October.  Don't know if it could make a difference but I file with a non-US address (but my CC is my US address).  

armia16805
Returning Member

Try right clicking on the app

click on properties

click on compatibility tab

select run as administrator

Run in compatibility mode for Windows 8

Restart Turbotax Desktop version and try to click on Continue 

Any update here? I'm having the same issue using the desktop client.

MoniqueLO_
Intuit Alumni

Please feel free to contact Customer Support so you can speak with someone who can assist you.

@ebtaxes

Yeah... i've been on the phone w/ Cust Support for the last 40 minutes and they don't know what I should do either. Their latest recommendation is to buy the online version and/or re-enter my taxes altogether.

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

What specific section are you encountering this experience? 

@ebtaxes

"Review Your Federal Filing Choices" section.

If i change my payment option from Direct Debit to Write a Check, then I can advance and then I encounter a similar issue on "Review Your State Filing Choices" section.

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Please try to complete a manual update by following the instructions at the Help Article here.  

If this does not work, you will need to reach out to us again.  This time, please request Technical Support as they will be able to take a closer look into this experience.  

@ebtaxes

Tubody

Thank you for this fix.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies