Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Constant crash after desktop version update

Hi,

I resumed my tax return filing today, and the first thing TurboTax did after I tried to launch it is to install update. After the update, it crashes constantly. It is so bad that it could crash at almost every step, or it could even crash on start up, or it could crash when I leave it untouched for a minute or two. It is especially unusable now.

I am running it on Windows 10 Version 22H2 (OS Build [removed])

It is just that bad. Now I need to save as soon as I enter a number. 

Anyone else having the same problem? Are there TurboTax tech support watch this forum? The quality of the software is just ridiculous! 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Constant crash after desktop version update

Same on the Mac. Destroyed the whole weekend and part of last week. I started using the software version only after I could not connect with the online version (it can't seem to connect or maintain connection with the server https://us-west-2.turbotaxonline.intuit.com/).

In the Mac version, I've spent close to 8 hours inching my way to submission—and that was after spending countless hours compiling the federal portion. It was when I tried to install the state portion when all other troubles began. I was on the phone with tech support yesterday for 2 hours alone; we deleted and reinstalled files the whole time, each time trying new variations; the tech eventually gave up.

I've had to remove ~/Library files (per https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/product-delivery/remove-reinstall-turbot...) and reinstall over and over again. Sometimes, by using CleanMyMac X to reset TurboTax2023, I've been able to avoid the ~/Library fiasco and reinstallation, but it doesn't work every time.

For those who use the Mac version, after installation of TurboTax2023 and before you start it, you need to make sure ADMIN has read/write ability (right-click on the TurboTax2023 app icon in the Application folder and choose GET INFO, unlock, and then change the ADMIN setting, and re-lock).

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies