Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Still need to file? Our experts can get your taxes done right. Get started >
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 1

Class Reunion + 1099-K

Hello! I’m selling tickets via EventBrite for a class reunion. The money collected will be paid out for venue rental, meal, decor, bartender, etc. I have to enter a TIN in order to have funds released and it states I will receive a 1099-K.


Can I use SS# for TIN? How do I avoid being taxed on this money since it’s not income?

1 Reply
Level 15

Class Reunion + 1099-K

You can use your SSN. If you complete Sch C as self employed and report that income and also report an equal amount of expenses you will not be taxed. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Manage cookies