Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

How do I delete Form 2210?

christiaf the problem is STILL THERE.  I did exactly what you suggested using the desktop version of the software and the return is still rejected!  Please do not make false claims that something has been fixed when it has not.  

same problem. rejected 3 times. I've talked to 2 different TurboTax support people and they werent sure why its happening. They sent me a link to their fix yesterday which came down to: If you have checked box A in part II of form 2210, you have to file by mail (no e-file option). When I check IRS's website, it takes 6-8 weeks to process if you mail in your return. This is ridiculous! Also, not comfortable changing the 2017 value to zero.  TurboTax needs to add the box for "Waiver explanation statement" for box A of part II ASAP!!!

TURBOTAX, you need to allow people to delete form 2210.  The system will not delete it no matter if you use the online or desktop version.  Your "fix" DID NOT FIX the problem!  Returns are still being rejected!  Please fix it and get it right this time!

If you have a penalty and Turbo-tax filled form 2010 requesting exemption, go to the form click on the option to add a reason button and indicate that you want IRS to compute your penalty. Once this is done, they will accept the electronic submission.Mine was rejected 3 times till I filled the note. Turbo-tax has not fixed the glitch and they walking you through promise is utter hogwash! Shame on them!

The online version doesnt allow for any changes to the form. They only ask a hand full of questions that can only be answered one way based on the filers situation. Once the form is created, you can only view it, but can not make any changes to it. So FRUSTRATING!!! TT needs to do something about this!

I am having the same problem using the online version.  When will this be fixed?

When is this update supposed to happen? TurboTax isn't telling anyone anything
rustybobn

Online version using Chrome on a Mac.  The problem still exists.  I have tried manually deleting the form and it puts it right back in. Rejected twice and fear to try again.  TT, you are destroying your loyal customer base.

TurboTax needs to fix this issue ASAP, then issue a refund for using the product. The time and effort to call in, troubleshoot and submit and resubmit who knows how many times has been extremely costly!
seekercmp

I'm having the same issue with form 2210. TurboTax: please alert users when this is fixed! Thanks
ytrdfg

I am also having issues with form 2210. I think part of the issue is that my estimated tax payments (reported on Schedule 5 (Form 1040)) are not reported anywhere on form 2210, thus suggesting that I have underpaid when I actually overpaid and am getting a refund. If I fully paid my quarterly estimated taxes on time, should I have to fill out form 2210? Can anyone tell me where estimated taxes go on form 2210? On the 2210 instructions, it says to include Schedule 5 taxes in line 6 of the 2210, but then in the 2210 itself it says "Don't include estimated tax payments". Line 3 of the 2210 is "refundable credits" (which my estimated taxes are), but the 2210 instructions don't say to report estimated tax payments here (and TT leaves line 3 blank).
MAIN QUESTION: How/where do you report paid estimated taxes on form 2210? Do I need to file form 2210 if I overpaid my estimated quarterly taxes and am getting a refund?
Thank you for any insights!

I am absolutely DELIGHTED to see that there are 129 people IN FRONT OF ME that had the same problem! I've used TurboTax since the beginning of time and file tax returns every year (for self and family members). I have NEVER EVER had a return rejected … NEVER … until last night. Tried THREE times (trying to fix the Form 2210 bug) but this XXX Form 2210 BUG kept biting me in the … place it hurts. I'm VERY disappointed that TurboTax has not fixed this stupid bug by now. Look above, how long people have been having trouble with this Form. I plan to proceed with the "Delete Form" suggestion.
TurboTax, you cost me a night's sleep last night, and embarrassment in front of my family (OMG ...The Old Man's finally losin' it and similar snide remarks?) I would really appreciate an apology AND a FREE copy of  TurboTax for next year.

I too have been using Turbo-tax from the beginning of time and never ever had a problem until now. I guess it's the end of a good thing. They need a strong competitor and hopefully get their act together. Turbo Tax...Shame on you!
Raytax

Used TT for many many years and the Form 2210 glitch should have been repaired by now!  When my returns were rejected they said "We'll walk you through updating and e-filing your return, EVERY STEP OF THE WAY."  Really!!
wrdinpv

I HAVE USED TT FOR SEVERAL YEARS.  THIS IS THE FIRST YEAR WITH A PROBLEM.  WHEN WILL IT BE FIXED?  YES, I AM YELLING
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies