turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I haven't received my tax return. I did direct deposit, but it's saying my form is ready to be downloaded and mailed. Did I still need to mail something in if it was dd?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
CDTyler

I haven't received my tax return. I did direct deposit, but it's saying my form is ready to be downloaded and mailed. Did I still need to mail something in if it was dd?

Choosing direct deposit as your refund method and e-filing your return are two different things.

You can still choose to have your refund direct deposited if you selected to file your return by mail. Conversely, you can choose to receive your refund via check if you chose to e-file.

It sounds like you selected to file by mail. The good news is if you're expecting a refund you won't incur any late-filing penalties and you have up to 3 years to file and claim your refund.

You can either print the return and mail it in, or go back into the File section of TurboTax and change your filing method and complete the e-file process. You may need to click Add a State under SOME THINGS YOU CAN DO for your 2016 return to get back into the program to change your filing method.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3301375

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies