turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

emijane9

Why doesn't the software utilize startup instructions? Why does noting happen when I put the disc in the drive?

I put the CD in the drive and nothing happens. I can hear the drive run but there is no screen or anyother sign that the software is loaded and ready for setup. I've used TT for many years and don't understand why I'm having trouble. BTW I'm on Windows 7

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Why doesn't the software utilize startup instructions? Why does noting happen when I put the disc in the drive?

Check your Autoplay settings in the Windows control panel. The relevant setting might have gotten changed. See the attached image.

If the setting looks OK, right-click on the CD drive icon and select "Install or run program from your media."

If even that fails, open the CD drive icon and look for an .EXE file to run. I don't have the disk, but it's probably SETUP.EXE or something like that.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Check your Autoplay settings in the Windows control panel. The relevant setting might have gotten changed. See the attached image.

If the setting looks OK, right-click on the CD drive icon and select "Install or run program from your media."

If even that fails, open the CD drive icon and look for an .EXE file to run. I don't have the disk, but it's probably SETUP.EXE or something like that.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies