turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Check for updates not working

I have been trying to "transmit returns now" but every time I do it says to check for updates on the menu bar. I go through the steps and get the updates but every time I do it it asks the same question for new updates. I have restarted my computer and still says the same thing. I need some help please

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

I'm taking a stab at this one, as there's a known issue that sounds much like what you're experiencing.  See if the workaround I'm linking below helps you out.  

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/there-is-an-update-available-for-your-version-of-t...

*Please click the thumbs-up icon if this response was helpful.
**Please click "Mark As Best Answer" if your question has been resolved. Thank you.

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***

Ready to file but requires update

Kat
Level 15
Level 15

@byardpeake Please see the original answer I posted here.  It includes a link to a workaround that may help you out.

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies