Captcha is not working. What can be done to efile?

I followed all of the instructions but captcha is still not working.

@cthomas-4bills wrote:

I don't know what instructions you saw, so I'll give you my instructions:

If the "I am not a robot" Captcha is not working right or has missing elements, try this:

NOTE:   Are you using any ad blockers or script blockers?   If so, that may be blocking the Captcha.

Otherwise, here's how to troubleshoot:

• First, simply refresh the page in your browser and see if that changes anything.
  • If not, then log out and clear your browser Internet cache.
  • Close the browser and reopen it.
  • Make sure cookies are allowed/enabled in your browser settings so the Captcha will appear.
  • Log in and try again.
  • If still unsuccessful, do all the above, then this time open a private window/private browsing (aka "incognito mode").
  • Log in with the private window (again making sure cookies are allowed) and try the efile again.

Or see if using a different browser (with cookies allowed) will solve it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought if return started b/4 10/15 you got 'til 10/31 to efile

however, this is from their website

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/e-file/help/can-i-still-e-file-after-april-15/00/26407

You can e-file your 2019 return all the way up through October 15; e-filed returns in rejected status can be resubmitted through October 20.

After that, e-filing shuts down to get ready for the next tax year, which means you'll have to paper file

@cthomas-4bills 

The message at the Tax Home when you log into Online TurboTax should say you have until October 31 at 9 PM Pacific to try to efile a return that you've already started.  After that deadline all efiling of 2019 returns will shut down.    So you should at least try to efile and see if it lets you.

So get the Captcha working using the steps I provided in my comment above, then see if it lets you continue to efile, but you must do it before that Saturday night deadline.