Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

JimH76

Cannot e-file federal return

When trying to file my federal return, I get an error message stating that I need to update my copy of TurboTax.  When I check the online update, it states that my software is current, but still won't allow me to e-file.   How do I proceed?  

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Are you on Windows or Mac?  

For Windows.  If your program says it's up to date or you can't update it then do the Manual Update.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/updating/help/manually-update-turbotax-for-windows-software-basic-...

Also see if Windows needs updating too in your computer settings.  And try rebooting your computer then updating again.

JimH76

Using Windows 11.  

Did the manual update and it seems to have resolved the issue, although now I'm getting an "intermittent internet connection" error when I try to file.  Rebooted computer, updated Windows, shut off VPN, and doublechecked my network connection.  All seems good, so I'm guessing it's an issue with the server on their end (probably traffic volume).  Will try filing again later and see if it goes through. 

Appreciate the quick response.   Thanks!

JimH76

Finally did what I should have done at the beginning.  Removed the TurboTax app and reinstalled it from scratch using the CD.  E-filing went through immediately.  

Problem solved.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies