Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ding30749
Returning Member

cannot access my 2019 premier trubo tax

I bought a 2019 turbo tax Premier.  I have a legal license code and my store receipt. To my surprise when I launched the 2019 Premier software, I found out that I unable to access the software. I call TurboTax support and they said because I did not access the software for the past last three years and I did not get any updates for the last three years the software was “locked out”.   Turbo Tax said they could not help me out in any way by giving me a refresh of the 2019 turbo Tax premier or give a new license code.  I asked turbo tax support what about all the old turbo tax software (within three years) I have installed on my pc. TurboTax support said that I would have to parodically launch them all to get the updates to keep the license up to date. I told them this was ridiculous and nobody is going to launch the older versions of Turbo Tax to keep them valid. This is not what us users paid for and many users will find out they cannot access their legacy software.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

cannot access my 2019 premier trubo tax

Support was wrong about periodically launching the program to keep the license up to date.  That won't work after 3 years.

You can't install or reinstall 2019 anymore. They only support the last 3 years and recently took off 2019 when they moved 2022 to the past year section. And 2019 was the first year they started using the License Code to activate the program so it has to log into Turbo Tax. You can't activate it now. It will fail.

Some people at the end of this thread found how to bypass the activation for 2019
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/re-there-was-an-error-with-validating-your-licens...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies