Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can you please help me add form 5405 to my tax return. I have followed the steps to add the form. But keeps rejecting

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Can you please help me add form 5405 to my tax return. I have followed the steps to add the form. But keeps rejecting

Form 5405: Repayment of the First-Time Homebuyer Credit figures the repayment amount (actually, an additional tax) for the 2008 First-Time Homebuyer Credit. This “credit” was actually an interest-free loan, and it is repaid over 15 years, or when the house is disposed of.

This form is also used to notify the IRS that the home for which you claimed the credit was disposed of or ceased to be your main home in 2016, in which case a repayment may not be required.

When you enter your homebuyer credit information, we'll automatically generate this form. To get to that section, search for “homebuyer credit” in TurboTax, and then click the "Jump to" link in the search results.

Form 5405: Repayment of the First-Time Homebuyer Credit figures the repayment amount (actually, an additional tax) for the 2008 First-Time Homebuyer Credit. This “credit” was actually an interest-free loan, and it is repaid over 15 years, or when the house is disposed of.

This form is also used to notify the IRS that the home for which you claimed the credit was disposed of or ceased to be your main home in 2016, in which case a repayment may not be required.

When you enter your homebuyer credit information, we'll automatically generate this form. To get to that section, search for “homebuyer credit” in TurboTax, and then click the "Jump to" link in the search results.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies