Can you deduct summer camp programs that my child attended while I worked during the summer

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you deduct summer camp programs that my child attended while I worked during the summer

4 Replies
Level 4

Yes, summer camp for your child while you were working is considered qualified expenses for purposes of the Child and Dependent Care Credit.

Level 14

Yes if it is not an overnight camp and you meet the requirements. 

Why do overnight camps not count if parents were working during child attendance?

Level 14

If both parents work at night or if a one parent family, that parent works at night, an overnight camp expense would be eligible for the child care credit. 

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings